Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Julian's Baptism Sweater

Our 3 month old little guy was baptised on Sunday wearing the baptismal gown his grand-mother made for his father's baptism 27 years ago. The gown aged beautifully and had not yellowed at all. I knit a little cardigan to wear along in the hopes of passing both the gown and cardigan to my own future grand-children. I was up until 2 in the morning the night before his big day finishing the sleeves and sewing buttons but it was ready in time and looked beautiful.

The pattern was a real pleasure to knit. It was knit all in one completely seamless piece from the neck down (sleeve stitches are held on a stich holder and knit after the main piece). I'll post close-up shots in my gallery (just as soon as I figure out how to make one ;-)

The pattern is free and available here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment