Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Purl and meme

My sister is coming over to spend the day tomorrow so I've been working on her Christmas socks. Yeah, I know. Christmas is long gone but the 2 circ thing is really not working for me. I loath working on these socks. If I had DPNs in the right size I'd be okay, but I don't so I'm at best unstable when it comes to these. Anyhow, I finally finished the first and started the second. I was careful to start at the same spot in the colour sequence, which was working well for the first 3 colour changes, and then there was a big band of charcoal gray, and I mean really disproportionately huge, and completely out of sequence. Completely. Now I don't usually swear at my socks but WTF? So back in the knitting basket it goes until I. Calm. Down.

So in the meantime, let me introduce you to my new blog pet, Purl. There she is in my sidebar. Ain't she a cutie? I adopted her from bunny hero labs yesterday and seriously can't stop playing with her! She loves to "follow the cursor" and if you click on her, she hops onto her wheel. Hours of fun plus you never have to feed or change her...now that's a pet I can handle!

Speaking of fun, Samantha tagged me for this meme though I had to change around some of the categories since my life is too boring and I'd rather not have a written record of such. Heehee! For instance, one of the original categories was "4 places you've lived" and I haven't lived in 4 places. Or worse "4 places you've been on vacation" and 3 of them are within a 3 hour drive and the other is the Quebec part of Florida! So I kinda stirred in some of the "7 things meme" to make up for the nixed categories. So here's my 4-things-meets-7-things meme:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

  • Get another degree in something fun like architecure or environmental studies or teaching.
  • Hike up Mount Washington (the highest peak on the Eastern Seaboard).
  • Teach my children to love God, live productively and serve humanity.
  • Take a train across Canada from shining sea to shining sea.
  • Have 6 children (apparently it's my destiny).
  • Learn to quilt.
  • Accept myself. Truely. Completely.

Four Movies you could watch over and over

Seven songs I Play Over and Over Again

Four TV Shows you love to watch

Seven Things I Say Most Often

  • He's so cute!
  • I love you
  • We're out of Coca-Cola
  • I have to pee
  • What's it like outside?
  • We need to go to Home Depot
  • Did you call the photographer?

Four of your favourite foods

  • Mexican
  • Anything grilled
  • Potatoes any way
  • Hearty soups

Tag, you're it!!! I've got to go find a screetch substitute (since I'm still nursing and can't drink my sock sorrows away) and figure out what to do with those socks. I can't wait to move on to another project...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anny, no worries about modifying the meme. I had a hard time finding some of the 4's too, so I fudged it a little. LOL Sorry your socks aren't working how you want them too. Hopefully you'll get them done soon so they're out of your way for good. Purl is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I'm really sorry that happened to your socks. The first one looks great!

    I don't think I had realized you were Canadian. I guess I had thought you were American. Then I checked your profile (after reading you wanted to travel from one side of Canada to the other). I'm in New Brunswick, right next door! Cool!

    Purl is cute. I had thought it would be cute if she would get in the wheel, and then I read that you can click her and she does...too cute!

    ReplyDelete