Monday, October 30, 2006

Socktober delusion

So I'm on the train on Thursday talking to me new knitting buddy (salut Marie-Michele!) about the beautiful broadripples she's making and thinking I should find some yarn and join Soctoberfest.

She looked at me like I was crazy and said: "It's October 26!"



Okay, that was a crazy thought I had. Though in my typical delusion I actually found some stash sock yarn (which admitedly wasn't very hard...I've got enough sock yarn to make a dozen pairs!) and cast on.

Well knit as I might, I don't think I can humanly knit a sock tomorrow night but you know, it's not "Sockstober"... it's very clearly a singular affair and the loophole is built right into the name ;0)

And I think I can finish a sock for socktober...

PS - did you notice how my purple needles match my sockyarn? I can't tell you how much pleasure I derive from this. Must. Get. More. Colours.

14 comments:

  1. LMAO! You crack me up! :) That is too funny. SOCKtober fest! You rock girl! :)

    Your purple needles are very lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should have been a lawyer....LOL. The 'sock' looks good and you do have until midnight (and unlike some of us you will have finished one....). Love the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - great interpretation. I rolled my eyes when I read about Socktoberfest because there was no way I was going to even try to start or finish a sock in a month with a 2-month old. I started a sock last week. A little late but seeing all these people knitting socks made me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sock!

    Congrats on the new "blue". Is Julian excited to be a big brother? Got names yet? C'mon we need details!

    Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:43 p.m.

    glad to see you posting again. Congrats on another boy! My dad predicted I'll have another boy too and in 2007...we'll see if he's right since we're pretty happy with just one right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I love those purple needles...I'm going to have to see if I can find me some...purple is my favourite colour!! The sock is coming along nicely though, and I do love those colours. Which colourway is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:03 p.m.

    Really nice purple yarn AND needles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I was thinking the same about my jaywalker, I only have one sock near completion. Congrats on the baby blue too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heee!

    That sock is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A loophole! Good catch! And really, if you consider the timezones of the world, you probably finished your SOCK-tober by the end of the month -- Somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The matching needles would totally boost my mood too!

    love,
    r

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sock yarn...what a great pattern it makes and the colors are awesome and of course great needles. Those needles alone would make you want to knit a sock.

    ReplyDelete