Monday, December 31, 2007

Just in time for New Years...Joseph!

Well, despite my best efforts, Mary and baby Jesus had to spend Christmas alone without Joseph again this year...


Though while the boys were napping today, I got it together long enough to finalise Joseph's eyebrows and now the Holy Family will get to spend some good quality time together before Epiphany ;0)


I knit these using Alan Dart's pure genius patterns in Sirdar Booklet # 285 - The Nativity Collection with Knit Picks Palette wool in three shades of brown and size zero needles. Nuts, eh?

I modified the pattern ever so slightly to try to lessen the pain of seaming by knitting the body, arms and headscarf in the round. In the end, it was a lot of fiddly sewing anyway. Truth be told though, these patterns are so wonderfully detailed that the fiddliness is nothing compared to the satisfaction of having made them... no, really ;0)

Happy New Year everyone! Lots of love, happiness and yarn, glorious yarn in 2008!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Anny, those are perfect! I do love them. Did you get all the socks done too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never seen those before. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very sweet. I might have to do a set myself. :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:54 p.m.

    Anny, they are gorgeous! Not sure I would have enough patience for size 0 needles. It was worth it, though. Did you finish the socks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what's with me tonight, I'm reading blogs and I can't believe how pretty is everything that everyone is showing... Love your Joseph and Mary and Jesus... Happy New Year 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:22 p.m.

    What about the socks? How did those end up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful darling!! i want some, but i don't knit stuffed things well... they turn out all lumpy. great job!

    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freaking heck these are knitting perfection!! The fiddle was definitely worth it, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:14 p.m.

    Could you send me the pattern? my e-mail is: betsyscraftcreations@gmail.com

    Thank-you,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no words to appreciate this post ..... I'm really impressed with this post .... The person who created this post was a big thank you man for sharing with us.
    Advertising agencies in London

    ReplyDelete