Wednesday, December 05, 2007

On the fifth day of Christmas...

Okay, so technically it's not really the fifth day of Christmas. But it is the fifth day of December and I'm off to a roaring start on my baby sock advent calendar: 5 socks in 5 days! Yay!


Okay, so while I started one a day...none of these were finished on the day it was started. So it's not so much a sock a day. More of a two half-socks a day ;0) But I'm not behind,yet!

Here are the deets...


Brown and white polka dot socks (pattern from 50 Baby Bootees to Knit) knit from Knit Picks Swish DK in 'cinnamon' and 'white' (left overs from Julian's stuffed owl). I knit the pattern as written using the DK yarn and ended up with about a 12 month size - just right for Lolo! December 1 & 2: check!

Next up a pair of stripy picot edge socks for my Jujube knit from leftover Peruvian Highland Wool (to match his mittens). I totally winged this one: 32 sts, worsted weight yarn, 4 stitch deep picot edge, 2 row jogless stripes, and an afterthought heel ;0) December 3rd and 4th: check!

The fancy green one in the top photo is my own design (I'll right it up and share it with you next time) and is today's sock. So fun ;0)

Plus, now that today's sock is done, I can get started on making the boys their Christmas sweaters tonight. Also on my Christmas knit list: Joseph, and 4 pairs of mittens! Though I'm starting to think that I may not make it...but I sure am going to give it and honest try ;0)




And finally, in honour of the 50 feet of snow that has been falling on us these past few days, some pics of Julian making a snow toddler. I could barely keep it together when I saw him get up close and personal in our snow toddler's face and take a bite out of his carrot nose! "Mommy, his nose, it's a snack!" he exclaimed as he ran off with it munching away. Too funny!

Happy knitting everyone!

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:35 p.m.

    Those socks are absolutely darling! This is bound to be the cutest project ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His nose is a snack...wow, they say the sweetest things don't they! Your socks are great, and I hope you get all your projects done, you seem to be a quick knitter, so I know if anyone can get it done, you can! Look forward to seeing all those FOs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have gotten a photo of your son biting the carrot nose. What a great story on it's own, but with the picture to go with it . . . priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amaze at the progress you have made. The slide show is great. What great memories! Thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the socks are adorable and he is too funny ... I love what toddlers say

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 p.m.

    Your sock advent calendar is such a cute idea. You have made amazing progress....the socks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks are great! I love your blog, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:19 a.m.

    I am not sure which I love more the sets of little socks or the snow toddler's snack nose - I'll have to go with a tie. There is just something special about pre-Christmas snow. I am so glad my kids are older otherwise I would be tempted to go for the sock advent calendar and I am just not quite as crazy as you are! I can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anny I LOVE the socks!!!! You are so good at this stuff! I can't wait to see your finished product - it will probably be way cuter than Martha's ;) hehehehe

    and what a cutie-pie Julian is! good grief, don't you just want to sqeeze his little cheecks!?!?! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of a Winter poem my Mom always sings to her kids at church....
    A chubby little snowman
    Had a carrot nose
    Along came a bunny,
    And what do you suppose?
    That hungry little bunny,
    Looking for his lunch,
    Ate the snowman's carrot nose,
    Nibble, nibble, crunch! (always with hand motions)

    All this holiday knitting/crafting that I see everywhere this year is sure putting me in a nice Holiday spirit! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sock calender! I'll have to get to work on one for next year! or maybe two or three...my nephew would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The socks are adorable. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute socks and adorable son! Loved the nose snack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh too cute ... a nose snack. Love the socks, but Julien stole the show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:42 a.m.

    Mmmm...carrots. Glad to see he has such good eating habits!

    I was wondering if you did fair isle or intarsia for the polka dot socks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The socks are sooooo cute ;-) This is candy for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The socks are so cute! And I loved the pictures of Julian making the snow toddler...how cute that he bit the nose and ran off with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute slide show. :)

    I love the socks. Baby socks are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those socks are so cute!

    You're lucky it was a snow toddler whose nose he ate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are the sweetest socks I have ever seen! Dang,...you're one ambititious lady! So far I'm struggling with a row a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The socks are PRECIOUS! I love the slide show esp. with the biting of the snow toddler's nose, hehe. I'm a little jealous, you have snow. :(

    ReplyDelete