- My mother tongue is French.
- I was married last year.
- I live in a newly built home surrounded by weeds.
- If we ever have a girl, my husband and I would like to name her Abbey (as in the best Beatle album of all: Abbey Road).
- We named our son Julian in reference to “Hey Jude” (written by Paul for Julian Lennon).
- My favourite movie of all time is “The Cutting Edge.” I once watched it 8 times in one day (sure got the most of my money for that rental!).
- I have a degree in Political Science and Community and Public Affairs.
- I hate politics.
- I was adopted.
- I have two older sisters (not adopted).
- I think I am over my love affair with shoes.
- Maybe not quite.
- Bright lights make me sneeze.
- Cleaning my ears with a Q-tip makes me cough (and I do stop when I feel resistance).
- I’ve seen B.B. King perform twice and would pay big bucks to do so again.
- I miss Martha Stewart Baby magazine.
- I regularly pick up Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Canadian House and Home, Style at Home and Cook’s Country magazines.
- I have a guitar but don’t know how to play it.
- I played the flute in high school and got to travel to The Netherlands and Germany with the Senior Band.
- My husband played the French horn in the same band.
- I’ve built a lot of Ikea furniture.
- I’m a Gemini.
- My mother is a fortune-teller.
- I don’t have a drivers’ licence.
- I craved pastrami sandwiches on white toast with a scrape of mustard during my pregnancy.
- I can’t felt because I have a front loading washing machine.
- I’m a few classes shy of a Photography Certificate from Concordia.
- I go to church regularly.
- I’m Roman Catholic.
- I grocery shop online.
- I’m 5’6”.
- My favourite feature length cartoon is Harry Nilson’s “The Point”.
- My favourite TV shows are The West Wing, Desperate Housewives, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Late night with Conan O’Brian.
- When I was little, I thought that as I got older, grown-ups would get younger and it would be my turn to boss them around.
- My favourite slush flavour is bubble-gum.
- I love Lowney Cherry Blossoms.
- I have a king size bed.
- I love Bob Dylan.
- My favourite Bob Dylan song is “Talkin’ Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues”.
- I like to pull weeds in Animal Crossing (Nintendo Game Cube).
- I don’t want my son to play with toy guns or with any violent action figures.
- I fell off the monkey bars and broke my shoulder in grade school.
- My favourite thing to do is snuggle with my honey(s).
- I have naturally wavy brown hair.
- My eyes are sometimes brown, sometimes green.
- I don't like talking on the phone.
- I would love to own a sailboat someday.
- I am nursing my son.
- I would like to have 3 or 4 children.
- My mother predicted I would have 5 boys followed by a girl (see number 23).
- If I get a cat, I would like to name it Marbury or Spartacus.
- I didn’t have any pets growing up.
- I like to hike.
- My husband and I are part of civic nation.
- I believe that love is the answer.
- I sleep on the left side of the bed.
- I take a bath every morning.
- I don’t like to shower.
- I once published an article in the Journal of International Marketing.
- I don’t really like chocolate.
- But I do love ‘em potato chips!
- I make a mean potato salad.
- I also make a great red pepper soup.
- But for some reason I can’t cook meat very well.
- Nothing beats a nap in a sunbeam.
- I’d like to have a dog but my husband is a cat person.
- All my linens are white.
- I like folding laundry…except for fitted sheets.
- I think Martha Stewart was treated unfairly.
- I read yarnharlot.ca faithfully.
- I like my coffee with 2 creams and 2 sugars.
- I’m addicted to Coca-Cola.
- I hate eggplant but otherwise love my veggies.
- I am a plant killer. I’ve been known to kill even ivy in less than a month!
- I look up almost everything on epinions.com before buying.
- I met my husband in grade 7 religion class. We sat next to each other.
- We didn’t start dating until my last year of CEGEP (pre-university in Quebec).
- If I had a million dollars, I probably wouldn’t move.
- Some days I wish I was born rich instead of sooo darn good-looking! Heehee!
- I’d love to learn to quilt someday.
- I was an A student.
- I once took an online IQ test (at emode.com in the day) and scored 135.
- My husband scored 136!!!
- I am an associate director of research for a large communications company.
- I have the most caring, understanding and inspiring boss in the world.
- I am currently on maternity leave and not due to return to work until June 2006.
- I consider myself shy.
- I am debt-free. If I don’t have the cash, I don’t buy.
- I am head over heels in love with my husband.
- I would elect Oprah for President.
- I wish I had a better vocabulary.
- I am a small “l” liberal.
- The only Scholastics book my mom ever bought me was With Love from Booky.
I read it 20 times at least.
- I can never buy only one CD or one book…got to look around the store some more and come up with at least two.
- “The thing is…here’s the thing.”
- I love chilli.
- In a fire, I would grab my husband, my son, my Le Creuset pot and our iPod. We could start again with those 4 things.
- I’m handy.
- I love pie. Strawberry rhubarb pie.
- I finished the green sweater.
Friday, September 30, 2005
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Knit using leftover Bernat Satin and this magknits pattern.
Knit using Phildar Superbaby in Olive. Pattern form Phildar Layette Winter 04/05.
Knit using Bernat Chunky. Hat pattern free online here. Booties from Zoe Mellor's 50 baby booties to knit.
Knit from Phildar Partner, Phildar Denim and the new pom-pom yarn Phildar Bowling. This was the first time I had ever used recommended yarn and recommended colourways. I am thrilled with the result. The pattern was in Phildar Layette's Winter 05/06 magazine. It is still a little big for Julian but soooo cute!
Knit in blue and cream cotton yarn form Zoe Mellor's 50 baby booties to knit.
Knit from Bernat Chunky in gray marl. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' Baby knits for beginners.
Knit from Bernat Satin. Yet another cute pattern from Zoe Mellor's 50 baby booties to knit. Julian wears these often. They're the only shoes he has that you can trust to never fall off. They also look great with all his baby jeans and khakis.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
My first lace project knit with Bernat Satin yarn. The free pattern is available here.
Half hat/half headband knit for the Panta-along using Phildar Partner yarn in the Aviateur colourway. The pattern is from a craftster.org thread. It is an adult knit though due to the really really unflattering look on moi, I had my son model it instead.
Fleece Artist mittens
Knit from a Peace Fleece wool and mohair kit.
Knit from Confetti yarn using this pattern.