That would be the gown, right arm, collar, partially stuffed head, and scarf of Mary. Oh and there's a partially completed baby Jesus somewhere too who, well, let's just say needs to be reworked ;0) Oh, and this is how far I got before halloween...I've been procrastinating since because I'm too afraid of the face embroidery (it's what ultimately felled my first baby Jesus attempt...he ended up looking like he had fetal alcohol syndrome. Not good! Definately not divinely inspired!)
Speaking of halloween though (no I'm not changing the subject just to avoid setting forth a timetable or revised plan for my nativity, why would you even think that?), here's a photo of our little lion blowing his nose! Ain't he cute?
We didn't take him out because it was cold and damp, but we let him give out the candy and he had a blast (and his very first sugar high!). So much fun. I can't wait until next year when we can take him out trick or treating. I think he's really going to love that!
And now, to justify the title of this post, are some completely unrelated knitting items that I wanted to share with y'all...
- Did you see grumperina's cable twist socks (the pattern is from hello yarn)? I think they're so cool that I've actually cast on a pair of my own in some delicious Fleece Artist sock yarn that I won in froggie meanie's blogiversary contest. Did I even tell you about that yet? I'll have to take some decent photos and tell you more about it. I'm loving the yarn and the colours are sooo pretty ;0) Thank you thank you thank you Froggie Meanie! For being a fabulous blog pal, an inspiring knitter, kitty costume sewer (how cool is that kitty costume she made for Claire...seriously, Renee, you rock!), and for possibly becoming Julian and Logan's future mother-in-law. What? She's got the girls and I've got the boys? Think about the potential knitting progeny (is that a word and does it mean what I think it means?)!
- Have you seen this celtic alphabet chart generator yet? Is it ever neat! I'm so going to have to use it on something. It just so pretty ;0)
- What about this? Did everyone hear of the Tsarina of Tsocks yet? I have to get me some of these Imbas socks! Seriously, if I ever manage to knit those, I'll never take them off my feet. I think I'd even bath in Eucalan so there really would never be a reason to pry them off.
- If you are lucky enough to have a little girl to knit for this holiday season, check out this simple but really special flapper hat from Sara + h. Too cute and perfect for holiday knitting too since you could probably hash one out in an evening if you had too...and you just might ;0)
- I joined a new knitalong, knitty bloggy baby bumpers, which is for anyone who is expecting and knitting for baby or for anyone who is knitting baby garments period. It's a really cool place. Check it out if you're into making baby things...
- I finished my Soctovember socks last weekend! I'll have to take proper picks and show you next time.
- Stephen and I were lucky enough to get to see Bob Dylan live in concert last night! Too bad I fell asleep during the intermission and really had a hard time staying awake when he finally got on stage...my bedtime is 8:30 these days y'know? I think I'm too old for rock concerts ;0)
- Oh, and YARN HARLOT IS COMING TO MONTREAL TOMORROW NIGHT and I am so there bay-bee! I called the bookstore to ask if we should reserve spots...they told me it was a knitting book signing and figured there'd be lots of room. Boy are they going to be surprised! Check out the deets here if you're in town and want to check it out too.
Ciao for now...