Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woof!

The leaves are raked, the tires are changed, the pool is winterized, the snow removal pickets have been picketted at the end of our driveway, and my little Lolo bean has some brand new puppy slippers.  Winter?  Bring it on mother nature...if you dare!


My little Lolo's been sniffly for a few days and it occured to me that his socks needed some knitterly reinforcement ;0)  So naturally, I raided the stash and found a ball and a quarter of Lett Lopi in a dark brown heather with which to knit and felt him some slippers!


The pattern is from a book called Baby Knits Heads & Toes which is filled with cute hats and booties but alas they're all too small for my 18 month old, 5.5 inch footed little dude so there were a bunch of mods which I pretty much faked thinking felting would hide a multitude of sins which it did!  Basically, I took the figures for the largest size and multiplied by 1.2 where it made sense and ignored the "you should now have" numbers since mine were seriously wonky.


I added little i-cord stump eyes and noses pre-felting (above) and improvised a little eye patch and off to the washer they went.  3 cycles later, they were just the right size!  I knit up the cuffs with stash Knit Picks shine in a light gray and am really impressed that these stay on.  Though until I get some puff-paint on the soles, these are sooooo not safe to wear.  He's like bambi on ice wearing these around our house.  Cute, but deadly! 


Ah winter!  How my knitterly heart loves thee ;0)  Now for some rocking felted boots for my Jubilee Bubilee...

20 comments:

  1. It doesn't get any better than that. If they are on Ravelry, I am going to go favorite them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so adorably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute, Anny! I hope your little one feels better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....I made my son a pair of slippers last winter and I was so excited to put them on him. First thing he did was fall down! They were SO slippery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Ils sont trop cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 'em to pieces. And here's a product that works great and might be cheaper than the puff paint.
    It's called Plasti dip or there's another one call Dip & Grip. Works great on my felted slippers.

    http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/plastidip.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the cutest slippers ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anny, these are too cute. Way to go, SuperMom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbelievably cute! (Both shoes and baby) =)

    We've been all sniffly over here too. I think it's the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog, i have got one blog about knit, visit me, http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com,
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. in the moment my wife saw this, she started to manufactured two pairs, for the twins, but she used a cat design, she loves cats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This weight loss blog is my journey to create a happier, healthier life for myself .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work..There are so many fun and exciting Things to do and experience around the world that I thought I'd put together a list of my favourite things to do for all travelers ...

    ReplyDelete