Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lace cable photo mat

I cast on for the lace cable photo mat (another great project from Handknit Holidays...did I mention that I love that book?) on Saturday and just put the finishing touches on it this morning. For such a small project it sure did take a lot of time. I am thrilled with the results though. I knit it from Peruvian Silk in celadon (our wedding colour) and I think it adds a special touch to one of my favourite wedding photos. I hope I have enough yarn left to knit the willow leaf mat in a 5x7 size. I'd love to frame one of Julian's newborn pics in a similar but not too matchy-matchy way.

Speaking of the little guy, he has a tooth! It's not out all the way yet but you can certainly feel a sharp tooth there now. So one down, how many to go?

6 comments:

  1. The mat looks really good! I honestly don't think I'd have ever thought of knitting a mat for pictures...what a cool idea! I wonder how one would look around a cross stitch picture...

    Yay on the first tooth for Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's really pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 PM

    1 out, 19 more baby teeth to go, my dear! :)
    Félicitations, Julian!!!
    t'en fais pas Anny, étrangement, même si les grosses molaires sont encore à venir, à chaque fois, c'est de plus en plus facile pour les petits bouts de choux... je suppose qu'on s'habitue à tout et qu'une fois qu'ils peuvent manger des "solides", ils arrivent à soulager leurs gencives plus facilement... je te jure, les grissols ont fait miracle vers 6-8 mois chez moi! :)
    ton cadre est absolument magnigique... quel beau souvenir!
    -Marie-Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mat is really pretty :). I have been browsing through your latest projects --they are wonderful.

    I agree with the face cloths--my little one is teething and the wet face cloths always help.

    Welcome to the Odessa KAL :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought this book and loved the knit photo mats! Yours looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xanax is considered proclivity forming by the Scoff and Antidepressant Dispensation. Buy Xanax Online addiction treatment should be guided by a doctor because precipitate withdrawal may acquire vital consequences. After detox, a Buy Xanax rehab program that includes distinct counseling and categorize sessions is recommended. Addictive properties

    ReplyDelete