Friday, August 04, 2006

No really, just for a few minutes, I swear...

Hi everyone... this is Anny's hubby hijacking the blog for a few minutes. I just wanted to let all her friends out in knit-land know that all's well despite the lack of updates recently. The back-to-work groove has been more or less established but there are precious few hours between supper and bedtime, and they're more often than not filled with the sounds of giggles and kazoos rather than the clicks of addi turbos or the whoosh of the ball winder. She did tell you we got a ball winder, didn't she? No? WHAT?!? Indeed, after months of wanting one, we got a ball winder. (and yes I do say `we` because let face it: its a cool gagdet. I'm not ashamed to admit that Julian and I love to watch the magic device that turns YARN into a BALL! OMG!) Not that she doesn't still have knitting on the brain... its just that its not getting from the brain down onto the needles these days.

I know this is the part of the post where the new pics of cute knits and/or cute baby and/or cute baby knits should go, but I'm afraid I have to leave that to your imaginations today. In part it's because I'd hate to accidentally post a picture that has some embarassing artifact from our house in the background that I failed to notice. The other part is because I keep forgetting to recharge the batteries for the camera.

Hopefully, it won't be as long between updates the next time and I promise, I'll do my best to raise her above the current MIKA status.

Um... what's the usual sign off? Cheers? Have a good one? Let's go with that...

Have a good one everybody!

10 comments:

  1. i am SO relieved to hear all is well in annyland - thanks for the update, dh. you are a good man - my husband would have been lost at the login prompt. so glad anny's getting in lots of julian and family time -enjoy!
    xoxo
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss Anny and Julian. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you as well! Tell Anny I miss her, but I'm willing to wait until she can chat!

    love to all!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is well. I totally understand the difficulties in getting into that groove. We'll be here when you find time (promise to stay subscribed). I do suggest giving up housework, frees up loads of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that all is well. My sweet DH wouldn't know where to begin to blog let alone even think about updating my friends in blogland or goodness even know what to write. [He just says "You have a fantastic addiction." and leaves it at that, LOL] A good man, but not computer savvy either ... he calls ME for help on his email.

    BTW, I gave up housework so I could knit. But then, my kids are grown up & gone. Only the DH has to put up with me, LOL.
    Thanks again for giving us some news!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update! Nice to meet you hubby. It's good to know there are men out there who appreciate knitting....even if just for the neat gadgets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - if y'all are loving the ball winder, may I suggest a bead spinner. An absolute must to have so that Anny can knit with beads - I'm sure that she wants to but the thought of hand stringing 1000's of beads is understandably off-putting. Here's a link to a great source. It would make a lovely present and untold hours of entertainment!!
    http://www.beadspinnerlady.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the hi-jack! :) Ball winders ARE really cool. After I got mine last year my hubby showed it off to anyone who would look. He was enthralled with the mechanics of it. He still is. If I ask him to wind a ball for me he gets a glint in his eye that says "heeeeeeeeeeeck yes!!" *lol*

    Give Anny and Julian hugs for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:25 p.m.

    I am usually lurking around here, admiring Anny's works of art and the wonderful family pictures that she adds too! You are very nice to let us all know everything ok. It takes time to adjust to things so, we'll check in from time to time. (I know, I'm getting married in TWO weeks!!!) Take care and say hello to Anny and beautiful Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anny, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete