Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Jazzy good time!

Daddy had the day off yesterday in honour of Canada Day (which technically was on Sunday, yay Canada!) so we packed the kids and drove into the city to partake in Montreal International Jazz Festival fun! It's our favourite of the gazillion festivals in these parts and it was really cool to introduce our little ones to our favourite sites and sounds...






Julian had a blast. Lolo enjoyed the stroll. And Stephen and I reminisced about our festival dates over the past 10 years. It's such a wonderful event. It was our first time with a toddler and we were so impressed with just how many activites there were for wee ones. From face painting to art class (making musical instruments) and a huge parc with music themed slides and activites... heck there was even a fruit stand for snack time!

Of course there were the usual great bands and friendly people. And the best hot dogs in town! We met a lovely retired couple on vacation from Virginia and practically convinced them to move here. We even passed along some real estate sites so they can continue to scheme. It started to rain so we covered the stroller and made a run for our car. It's a two week long festival and we'll definately try to go again before it wraps up to catch some more tunes. Such fun ;0)



I also got a bunch of knitting in while watching movies with my honey. One of my little neighbourettes turned 4 this weekend and I wanted to knit her a little something. I flipped through my knitting library and didn't find anything suitable so gave it some serious thought and came up a super easy and super cute little something something (sneak preview above). Stay tuned for the grand unveiling and details on how to get the pattern later this week.


Can't wait to see what you think ;0)

11 comments:

  1. OK, is that KP Shine??? I made my daughter some baby tank tops in dk/light blue and then dk/light pink just like your mystery project! I love the yellow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 p.m.

    I believe this is my first comment... but I've been reading your lovely blog for some time. It really is lovely. I have a two-year old, Eli, and am expecting another babe (a girl!) this Nov. so it's also fun to read your musing about mama-hood and the transition to two bambinos! So, just wanted to chime in with what a beautiful little family you have, how i so love your knitting and how much i'm looking forward to more details on the mystery project (i've two sweetheart nieces i'm always looking for project ideas for).
    Knit on!
    Blogless Jessica in Wisconsin
    elijohn@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see what you're making. i'm intrigued. love your color choices and the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider my curiousity piqued. Can't wait for the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is my first comment (I think) as well and I just had to delurk because I love that yellow yarn! And all the other colors are so light and fresh, I just had to comment for that reason alone.

    I think I have an idea of what you're knitting, but I'm looking forward to the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:55 p.m.

    oh anny it's fabulous!!!!! is it possible the pattern may be in your shop? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was such a fun time! Those yarn colors are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, looks like a little bag, or back pack to me :) Love the cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely jazzy time! It looks like a lot of fun. I love taking the kids to stuff like that now that they are old enough to actually enjoy it. I can't wait to see what you're making. Those colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see what it is either!!! Is it time to unveil yet?? I'm not very good at waiting...
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love stripes. Can't wait to see what you're knitting!

    ReplyDelete