Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Grrrr...

Hi there, I'm Loopy. And I'm a knit washcloth...hear me roaaaarrr!




Meet Loopy. Isn't he brilliant!!! And a blast to knit too. I can't believe this pattern (Grrr from last summer's Knitty) hadn't caught my eye sooner because it's super quick (Loopy here took less than 2 hours to make start to finish including embroidery, hanging loop and weaving ends!), it's super cute, uses less than a ball of stash and it's functional too!



Naturally, I had to immediately cast on for another. He's Loopy II and I've been petting him all afternoon. So soft and fluffy. I may need to knit another for myself since both these cubs have already been claimed by mine ;0)



I knit them both from stash Knit Picks Shine in Sunflower and Terracotta. I didn't know if I would have enough yarn for the full sized version so I knit Loopy using the smaller version (22 sts wide) with inch and a half loops to be safe but it turns out I didn't need to worry at all since I had lots of yarn leftover.



So I knit Loop II using the larger instructions and with a shaggier mane, and still had yarn leftover so if you knit one of these, don't fret too much. I think I used less than 70 yards even for the larger cloth.



So go knit one already. I personally guarantee that you'll be glad you did! If you're not, just pop it in the mail and send it to my kiddos ;0)

Now on to my hyperbolic pants. Heehee!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, they are too cute! I'd definitely be making one of those for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like so much fun! I'll be going through my stash...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've never seen those either at Knitty. I'm gonna have to check them out. Yours look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these precious???? My two youngest grands would love these!! Thinking about all my cotton yarns...and...do I interrupt current projects for these?? Oh...decisions!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:18 a.m.

    Oh thanks for the heads up on such a cute project! I can't believe I didn't jump on that one when it came out either! Into my cue it will go for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:17 a.m.

    Those really are super cute..your embroidery is very nice too! Maybe I'll try a couple of them..have to check out my stash yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! How can I have missed that pattern?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are so darn cute I'm going to have to add them to my list of things to do for my little miss....tooooooo cute and sounds quick!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO adorable! I made 3 for my triplet nephews this winter. They are addictive! Watch out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As others have said, this is the perfect example of a pattern in Knitty that I skipped over with a "meh" when it first came out. But when I see it "in real life" when someone else has knit it, I exclaim, "Why haven't I seen that before? It's so cute! I must have one now!"
    Thanks for showcasing it. Off to find some cotton . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie - thank you, thank you, thank you for featuring this patter on your blog! I recently had to go on a business trip and whipped up a bunch of these little beauties for my babies and for friends. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I tried to use some of the links on the left side of the screen to read other entries, but for some reason I get redirected to a blank page... Just for you to know, any how, thanks for the space! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply marvelous!!! Your article provides a fresh new insight to this topic which was yet undiscovered. I must say your research skills are sharp and your narration is interesting. Splendid work…

    ReplyDelete