Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Buddy Bags!

Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Give me something good to knit!

With halloween at our doorstep, I couldn't resist knitting up a couple of spooky Buddy Bags for my little Jujube and Lolo to trick-or-treat with.   I used my original Buddy Bag pattern to knit up
 the drawstring backpacks.  


I knit Lolo's to spec, but made Julian's a little larger by casting on an extra 20 stitches and knitting for 10 inches before working the eyelet row.  I also made his I-cord a little longer so that it would fit well (and hold more candy of course)!


I came up with three new spooky pocket/buddy variations.  First there's the witch in her cauldron with optional logs and flames!


Then there's the glow-in-the dark one-eyed goblin in a jack-o-lantern.  If you haven't seen this glow in the dark yarn yet, head off to Michael's, Mary Maxim or Zellers right away!  It's the coolest thing ever.  Nasty to knit with to be sure but it really does glow quite brightly.  Julian's been sleeping with a ball of it waiting patiently for me to turn it into something funner.  It's made by Bernat and is simply too cool for school!


And then, perhaps spookiest of all is the ghost in a tombstone.  Boo-ooo-oo!  It doesn't have a face yet but I plan on getting some of that glossy fabric puff paint to 'paint it on'!  If it works, it will completely revolutionize my approach to eyes on knitted toys.   I'll let you know how it works out ;0)


As a special holiday treat (and thank you) to all my patrons, I'll be including the pattern for all 3 halloween variations with my Buddy Bag pattern at least until the end of the month. That's all 7 variations (4 original + 3 halloween) for the price of 1!  Ravelry downloads going forward will also include all 7 variations.


Already bought the pattern?  No problem.  Check your e-mail, it's on it's way to you too ;0)  I am sending the pdf pattern file with the halloween buddies to everyone who bought the original Buddy Bag pattern.  Due to quotas from my e-mail provider though, I can't send them all at once so you might need to be a little patient.  If you haven't received the new pattern by Sunday night, send me an e-mail at anny {at} jujubeandlolo {dot} com and I'll hook you up.


Happy {early} Halloween from Jujube & Lolo!


24 comments:

  1. These are great! And yes, I did buy the pattern when it first became available! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anny, thank you so much! I was very surprised to find the new Buddy Bags in my mailbox this morning - I've made three of the originals for my grandchildren, and these three immediately went to the front of the queue. I've never heard of a designer sending additional patterns after the fact. You're amazing in many ways.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:12 a.m.

    Thank you Anny! I received my copy. Thank you for you generosity. I can't wait for your next creations. I am always in the lookout for some baby boy sweaters (hint*)

    Isela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Anny. I received mind today. I can't wait to get started. You are so generous and I love reading your blog. Can't wait for your next pattern. I am going to buy your new one just need to finish up a few other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! Kids get tired of holding the bags real quick! And so cute@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I purchased mine way back, and just checked my inbox and there it was, THANKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so cute, as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had these on my list to knit for a while, but the Halloween options sent me over the edge! Once the Christmas knitting is done I will me making these for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:50 p.m.

    I have bought the buddy bag pattern and have knit several - love them!!! In fact I was so uptight during one of the debates that I knit a whole one in that evening - so fun to make and great to give!!! I usually fill them with a book, some snacks and a sippy cup for a toddler gift!!!

    jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited to see that surprise in my email. Thanks!!! What wonderful customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great festive surprise! Thank you so much, I love the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your generousity - love a giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are about the cutest things ever! I'm so glad I discovered your blog. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are sooo precious! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:46 a.m.

    Glow in the dark yarn!!!I am so excited. I went to Michael's yesterday and I am ready to get started. You are my favorite designer. I love your work. It is easy to follow, too cute, and so much fun. Thank you so much for sharing your additional ideas with us. You are what my mom would label "Good People."

    Thanks, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute! Perfect little treat bags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:25 p.m.

    I purchased your pattern at Stitches West, does it count?
    B. Webb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:38 a.m.

    Thank-you for the extra that arrived in my inbox! I don't suppose you will be doing Christmas ones too??? Hint hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. they are great, I will have to remember those for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. **gush, gush**. amazing:: so sweet. great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are absolutely too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! I think you're a good mother and those spooky Buddy Bags are gorgeous. I think we can't avoid your talent... I've been thinking, and I will do the same for my kids. 23jj

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like read more information about this, is very interesting! Thanks for the information. A worth bookmarking blog. I would be reading your articles regularly from now on.

    ReplyDelete