Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A is for Apples...

...and for Abigail!  I had such fun knitting for Ceilli last week that I just couldn't resist knitting for the daughter of another one of Stephen's office buddies, Abigail, this week.  And that's how these cute little piggies charmed their way onto my needles ;0)


The pattern is Spilly Jane's Piggy mittens and the yarn is Knit Picks Shine Worsted.  I was worried about running out of yarn (I only had one ball of each shade) so knit the rolled cuffs in a lighter shade of pink which turned out to be a good thing because by the time I finished the second snout, there were just a few yards of the darker yarn left!  I used it to knit a striped I-cord to make sure these little piglets don't loose each other and by the time I was done, there was no yarn left, just cute little mittens.  Oh how I would have loved these when I was a wee one.  I hope Abby loves them too and that they keep her little hands nice and toasty in the cooler days ahead...

The days sure are getting shorter and cooler around these parts.  The tempertatures are a-dropping, the leaves are a-falling and the apples are ripe for the a-picking!  So we made the most of the season by taking the boys to a local orchard last weekend for an afternoon of ladder-climbing, crisp-apple eating, tractor-riding, farm-animal-petting and of course, just plain running amuck in an orchard.  And what fun it was.  


And then to top it all off, there was homemade apple and sugar pie!  A perfect end to a perfect weekend.  

Martha would have been proud ;0)


18 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Both the boys and the mittens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say it was getting cooler here! Such great baby projects you've been making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...this piggy loves those piggies! And your boys are adorable as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mittens! really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so freakin' cute! And one could make them in grey for a boy! Love the piggies!

    Oh...and save me some pie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I just purchased Spillyjane's Fish Mitts. All cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:42 p.m.

    OK, LOVE your latest update--I want to come to YOUR house!! The pics of the guys are great (I especially like the one where the two hats, on different ways, are In Consideration), and I can smell that pie through my monitor, I swear...

    Christine =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little piggies are too cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mittens are adorable! And I always love the slide shows of your boys. Boy are they growing up fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:53 p.m.

    Gasp* Glow in the dark!! I just noticed your sidebar projects and I am sooo totally heading to Joann's store now to see if they have it.
    Love your little piggie mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! That pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute I've had to add them to my Ravelry favs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those mittens are so cute! Your boys are super cute too. I bet they had fun at the orchard. The apple pie looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute Piggy mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your piggy mittens are adorable! I like their eyebrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This weight loss blog is my journey to create a happier, healthier life for myself .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post i must say and thanks for the information. See Instagram photos and videos from Pictame.

    ReplyDelete