It does seem like I've been knitting these 12 balls of stash Peruvian alpaca forever...but really it took a whopping 2 years to knit them up. I actually bought it when I first discovered elann in October 2004 and it took me this long to figure out what to knit with it! Here's how I did it (clockwise):
- Seamless top-down henley for my lemondrop knit this weekend (my own design), 2 balls celery
- Roll-neck baby sweater knit for Jujube when he was just a wee one, 2 balls oxford gray
- EZ's very warm hat (reversible!) knit last week, 1 ball teal + 1 ball oxford gray
- Branching out ascot (I only got through the first 19 repeats with what I had left - knit yesterday afternoon), 1 ball oxford gray
- Schmootzy (aka, Kate) knit when my husband's kitty died this spring, odds and ends of all 3 colours
- Target wave mittens for Jujube, odds and ends celery and teal
- Snowdrift mittens Snow drift mittens knit last week, 2 balls teal + 1 ball celery
- and one ball sent off to a fellow knitter in need of it to finish a sweater for her husband!
And now it's finally all gone! In fact, I used up a whopping 7 balls of it since declaring my stashbusting goal two weeks ago today. Not bad, eh?
That means 8 balls down, 92 balls to go for my current stashbusting goal!
Now I really need to knit something in another colour...!