Friday, March 31, 2006

Jubilee's spring jacket

So I finished Jubilee's spring jacket yesterday and took some hasty shots of him wearing it as he snoozed in my lap post-nursing. I didn't think that those would be the best shots I'd be able to take! Pre-mobility, I would look forward to morning light to get my baby gussied up in my latest baby knit and set him up for a photo shoot. I would take a couple of shots, select the best one and post about it. Ah, those were the days!

But now that he can move around...this little routine of ours is quickly becoming i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e! He won't stop moving! I must have taken 50 shots today trying to get one where he is sitting still, not eating the sweater, and not crawling out of the shot and I tell you it was slim pickings.

This is the first photo I took and that was it. I think I'll have to come up with a new strategy! It will probably involve more spontaneous 'action shots' or a lot more 'sleeping beauty' shots. As I mentioned earlier this week, the pattern is from the Fall/Winter 2002/2004 Phildar Layette magazine knit up in the 12 month size with 8 balls of Phildar Altitude yarn. It was real quick to knit (the gauge is 2 st per inch!) and the resulting fabric is very thick so that it can be worn as a jacket. I love it!

But now I really have to get to my sisters Christmas/birthday sock since her birthday is today! Bonne fete Helene, je t'aime gros gros ;0)

Have a great weekend everybody!

16 comments:

  1. Love those little toes! Great sweater, too. I love Phildar patterns. I wish I hadn't given up on French back in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so awesome and professional. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:01 p.m.

    Anny- submit tyhis picture here: http://www.parenting.com/parenting/babytalk/photo/contest

    he is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable - both the jacket and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jacket is great! Julian looks so cute in it too!

    Happy Birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think he could be ANY cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jacket is just darling! You think its tough now trying to get a picture ... wait until he decides its better to make funny faces and/or turn his back on purpose just as you're snapping the picture. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so darned cute. How do you not eat him with a spoon!?!?

    The jacket looks great too. Really - I'm gonna have to get into these French knitting books. I took French till Grade 12 - I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:34 p.m.

    Oh my, how cute!! He looks adorable and what a great jacket!
    ~Roxanne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cuties - both the kiddo and the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:16 p.m.

    He looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sweater (I want to say jacket) and it looks so good on that little cutie. He sure has a glimmer in his eye LOL! His busyness will be a challenge but look how you got such a great shot - he'll have fun with you too; I bet he'll be a camera bug for you - I could always get Nick to take pictures but he would have that "camera" smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, they're like that the little wiggliers ... Julian is just too cute. And the gleam in his eyes says, "Guess what I'll do next." But honestly, that knitted jacket is just so nice.
    Cozy looking. He's so lucky his Mom knits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, what a great model!

    Love him to bits and the jacket looks fabulous!

    Now, I wish my baby niece can sit up properly soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This weight loss blog is my journey to create a happier, healthier life for myself .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Think spring with a cropped lightweight jacket.

    ReplyDelete