Friday, October 28, 2005

Socktoberfest socks

They're done! And I didn't even need an extention which really is exceptional for me. I just couldn't wait to wear them both! I always wear the first completed sock while working on the second...it's my motivational sock. Well with the time it took me to complete the second, my motivational sock is noticeably larger and fuzzier than the other. I hope they even out with wash and wear. Nonetheless, I love these socks! They are very yummy. And bonus : I have just the shoes to showcase them. These socks were meant to be.

Thank-you Lolly for organising Socktoberfest. It was great fun to see everyone's socks. I think next year I'll try something lacy and kick it up a notch.

So what's next? My very first adult sweater. It is pattern six from Lopi twenty-four. I ordered it as a kit from Camilla Valley Farms and received it on Wednesday. It is also my first stranded work and I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. I've got about 10 cm of the body done, I need 38cm to get to the armpit. Then the sleeves. Then the sleeves and body are worked together for the yoke. I really hope I can handle the stranding because I'll have a lot of knitting time invested before I even get there. This is actually Lopi Lite so it's not as quick a knit as I had hoped though the 18st gauge to 10cm isn't that bad.

Follow-up on Julian's squeak: it's gone and the pediatrician doesn't feel it necessary to proceed with any further testing or follow-up. Yay!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful socks!! I love the colors- pink and brown together is one of my favorite combinations. They look so warm and cozy- and what a great fit! Such a great way to end Socktoberfest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety symptoms anxiety attack symptoms: There are over 100 symptoms of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete