Sunday, March 11, 2007

Still pregnant!

But not for too much longer! Yay! I saw my Doctor on Thursday and we set a date for an induction this coming Tuesday at 8am. I was so thrilled when she mentioned it. Like a giant cloud was blown away and the sun started to shine! She also mentioned that she thought I'd probably go into labour on my own before then because everything is ripening nicely...but here we are on Sunday afternoon and still nothing so it's nice to have a date ;0)


Stephen and I had a little photo shoot this morning to document just how big Lolo and I look together. I've put on 25 lbs this time around and am feeling pretty huge. I'm looking forward to finding my old self back and, dare I say it, exercise? I've been resting since December 4th and I'm so itching for nice long walks with the kiddos in our cool new stroller. Getting some fresh air. Perspective. And colour...

So while I hurry up and wait for Lolo's birthday, I've been busying myself with knitting. I did get to stop by my LYS to get the yarn for the Phildar reversible cardi last weekend and cast on for it Friday. The yarn is Phildar Coton Microfibre which I'm not finding that spectacular to knit with especially considering the way overinflated price of $8 a ball -- I need 12 balls for this 6 month size sweater! I used a gift certificate though which made the cost more palatable, but still. I think Phildar yarn is a bust and I'll be looking to substitute next time!



I started with the hoods because it's the only part of the cardi I'm planning to knit as per the pattern. The pattern calls for knitting the sleeves, fronts and back separately for both versions of the sweater (it is reversible) and then seaming them all together. I'm thinking (a) that's way too much seaming and (b) won't that be really bulky and uncomfortable? So instead I'm planning on knitting the hoods and picking up at their base for the neck opening and knitting the cardis as seamless top town raglans. I've considered making both versions of the cardi simultaneously using intarsia to connect the stripped inside to the plain outside, but I think an i-cord edge to seam just the button bands and bottoms together may look more polished...I'll test out my theory on the hoods and take it from there.



An finally, because I just couldn't resist the cuteness, here's a picture of Julian fixing his brother's crib with dada's screwdriver. Gotto make sure they're all nice and secure ;0) What a cutie!

23 comments:

  1. You must be so excited to know in a few days the little one will be here! Take care and I'll be anxiously waiting to see an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:49 p.m.

    Hey Krista, are you stealing my identity? That was going to be MY comment. haha.

    Seriously though Anny, I hope you have a great labour and delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 p.m.

    How cute!!! The sweater and the little brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing the little fella. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good news! It's such a relief to know that you won't be pregnant in April, right? I sure felt that way. I wish you a safe and complication-free delivery!!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look anything BUT huge! You look great!

    Julian is so cute.

    I love the idea of the reversible cardi, and your way sounds much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful, Anny.

    I miss being pregnant, loved it so much. I hope your labor is speedy and smooth. I was induced this time around with Tater and it went more smoothly than my delivery with Toddling. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time commenting (just got my blog up and running) but wishing you good luck and good health for both you and Lemon on the big day.
    The baby Shedir looks wonderful, btw.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! Tuesday is the big day. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your last days of pregnancy go well!

    That is a crazy lot of yarn for a baby sweater! Looks like it will be really cute, though... reversible is definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you have an end date. I'm hoping to avoid induction the second time around but it sure beats staying pregnant.

    Oh, and I got a bunch of different Phildar on sale a while back that I never would have considered normally given the price. I started something with it on the weekend & it's not thrilling me too much (both item & cotton).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck for the big day! Hope everything goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had a great conversation yesterday about how many people go into labor the day before the induction is scheduled. Just relax your mind today and stay verticle as much as possible and hopefully you'll have some results before tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray! A date! Yay!! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully you go into labour on your own though, that'd be nice eh?

    Yay for a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the best on Tuesday-or before......

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering... nice that you have a date, hope you have an easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're looking good, but oh how nice it'll be to be holding the lemon-drop in your arms instead. Won't be long now! BTW, that sweater is going to be so sweet. And what could be sweeter than big brother, Julian. I can picture you right now, sitting & knitting, waiting for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:25 p.m.

    GOOD LUCK! we'll be thinking of the FOUR of you!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with the delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute Julian looks fixing his little brother's cot. I love the colors of the Phildar sweater, and I cant believe it takes 12 balls, and will only fit for a small time. Good luck tomorrow with the birth too, and cant wait to see how cute he is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:45 p.m.

    Happy induction 2moro!! Hope it is a great birthday for lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:48 p.m.

    You are glowing with happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Post Post!!! Cant wait to meet Lemon drop! :-)

    ReplyDelete