Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Upside down!

It's like my boss used to say: "If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must be built upside down" ;0) I have a cold. Boo. Julian woke up with congestion in his chest on Saturday and was all better yesterday...after passing it on to me of course. He's really getting good at sharing! I'm usually a very laid back, easy going, happy go lucky person. Except when I have a cold: then I become very whiny and complainy. It's a good thing I don't get sick very often. Daddy was marvelous (as always) and really pampered me yesterday and I'm starting to feel better. So I started working on this last night.

It's my first original pattern and I have no idea if it is going to work yet. I've been looking for a top-down, seamless pattern for a baby kimono and haven't found one to my liking yet. Oh, and I also want to knit it in worsted weight. And I want it to be cute (of course) and gender-neutral for baby shower gift-giving. Since I couldn't find it anywhere, I decided to try to figure it out on my own and so far so good! Well except that I just ran out of white yarn (maybe daddy'll pick some up for me on his way home). Did you notice my new stitch markers? They arrived all the way from Scotland this morning and I love them. They're so cute and very cherry. Here's a close-up:

Since I'm out of yarn, perhaps I'll start a new pair of socks. Is it wrong to buy shoes because you think they match some of your stash sock yarn? Well they also match Julian's stroller ;0) Plus after some diliberation, Stephen and I both thought that they were "good" weird!

They're so nice and comfy and are actually legit sports shoes by Ecco. I've never heard of that brand before so just figured they were sporty looking street shoes but apparantly not. They actually offer the right support for athletics. Wow! That's pretty cool. Of course I don't exercise anyway but now that I have Mary Jane runners...

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Too bad about the cold, but at least you have cherry stitch markers and really cool shoes. I'd love a pair of those (either shoes or stitch markers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitch markers and the shoes. There's just something about cherries and strawberries that are appealing to me and they're tasty. :-)
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sweater! Love those shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:51 p.m.

    Those 2 colors look really nice together! The slimey thing is sooo adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 p.m.

    those shoes are SOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a cold too. What's up with that? The cherry stitch marker is adorable and I think the shoes are definitely "good weird". I'm anxious to see how the kimono turns out...I'm nowhere near ready to make my own patterns.

    By the way...remember the idea I had for your to make a cube? Thought maybe you could make a book out of knit squares, too. What do you think? I'll only take a small bit of the profits, of course. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing how your kimono turns out. Like your shoes a lot - makes me want to head off to the Ecco shop in Winchester UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:06 a.m.

    definitely good weird!

    echo shoes are everywhere around here.

    people love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to see your kimono sweater!

    I had never heard of Ecco shoes either but I definitely like them!

    Get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete