Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Warming Justin

I finished my square for the Warming Justin (Grace's way future husband) project on Monday night and mailed it off yesterday. I was inspired by the Mason*Dixon washrag pattern for the igloo and then the finger puppet penguin was a natural fit from there. I hope Cynthia can use it and that Justin likes it too ;0)


Yesterday was a no knitting day for me (not even a little bit). It was my sister's last day in Montreal. She was leaving today to go spend the summer with her in-laws in Algeria. Her 5 year old has been there since Christmas and she just couldn't wait any longer to be reunited with him. My brother-in-law is staying here with my 14 year old neice until school is out for the summer and then off they go as well. They'll all spend the summer there and return at the end of August.

I'm really happy and excited for them all, but will miss 'em lots. I'm really close to my sister and will find it hard to not be able to just pick up the phone and call her with a billion quick questions. We're all going to miss that I think. She's like the glue that holds everything (and everyone) together in my family and I really don't know how we'll make it through the summer without her.

We had a great last day together though. She shared her hair-dresser with me and what a find! I hadn't had my hair cut in a really long time and though I didn't really see it, I now realise that I was starting to "let myself go" as they say. Mommyhood has a way of doing that to you. The stylish new hair has had such an incredible impact on my state of mind already. I feel much lighter and hipper and energetic.

And as if that wasn't enough, I had an awesome shopping day too. You know the kind: you find lots of cute stuff, it actually fits right and happens to be on sale to boot! Needless to say my card is still smoking from all the action. Then we hit the cosmetics aisle at the drugstore and bought lots of fun new make-up. I dolled myself up when I got home with my new duds and do and was surprised to find the old Anny staring back at me! And I liked it. I've spent so long in my mommy uniform of khakis, tees and loafers with my lazy air-dried hair that I actually didn't remember what I used to look like back when I actually put some care and thought into how I presented myself to the world. Imagine that ;0)

It's great to be back!

6 comments:

  1. That square is too cute! What a great idea!
    I'm glad you got to enjoy yourself with your sister - they can be good for those kind of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute square. Once again you have outdone yourself. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed your day with your sister. I'll bet you look smokin' hot with your new do and new duds. Whenever I get dressed up to go somewhere I'm like "wow, I'm not 1/2 bad ..." unlike the days where I'm just wearing my "Mommy clothes" ... but "Mommy clothes" are soooo comfortable! *lol*

    Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This square is just a nice & cute as the one you did for Grace. You are so creative Anny.

    Hey, I bet you're looking as HOT as you feel right now with the new do & dudes. Feeling great is just as important as "looking fantastic" for going back to work! But I wouldn't think your "mommy look" was any less than cute on you either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:52 a.m.

    May you sister have a safe trip and a happy reunion.

    Your little square is adorable!! I love the little penguin puppet

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a *wonderful* square!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute square and puppet!

    I need to spruce myself up too...new duds, new do...working on losing weight right now too.

    ReplyDelete