Saturday, February 11, 2006

Going for glory: Day 1

So I didn't get quite the start I was hoping for. I fell asleep nursing my son last night and woke up at 7:30 this morning! So all I got done yesterday is about 2 inches of the back of my shawl-collared cardigan. I've caught up a bit this morning but then was distracted by my DH who got up with Julian and spent the morning programming an Olympic Countdown Timer for me. See it there in my sidebar? It's so awesome. It will actually slowly change colour from green to yellow and finally to red towards the end of the games, instilling the appropriate level of panic! Thanks babe ;0)

We've been tweaking it all afternoon and then we had to take a Tim Horton's break for lunch so I didn't get back to the actual knitting until ... well I haven't yet. Yikes. I'm losing focus here. Gotto get back to it.

Oh, if you would like a copy of the timer script for your blog, leave your email in the comments (or email me at annypurls (at) hotmail (dot) com) and I'll send it your way.

And what's that shiny spot in my ball of yarn? Why it's my lucky toonie! A Canadian ice maker set a Canadian loonie (1 dollar coin) in centre ice in the last winter games in 2002. Canada went on the win the gold in both mens and womens hockey. Gretzky later credited it with the win and said it was destined for the Hockey Hall of Fame. Read more about it here.

To commemorate this, the Royal Canadian Mint is issuing a special lucky loonie. I haven't found one in my change yet so I improvised with a lucky toonie (Canadian 2 dollar coin). It should be twice as lucky, right?

Happy knitting!

10 comments:

  1. Hi~~

    oohh impressive 2 inches already??
    I have only cast on and progressed itsy..
    ( who thought caldron will be lighted at Midnight
    on TV near my bedtime)

    Love elapsed timer~~
    Can I have script for my blog please??????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the script (and possibly the use of your husband for a while to fine tune my blog!!! LOL); thank you in advance. (An aside from the Olympics - your blog is excellent!). I have to get back to my Olympic Knitting! By the way, what you have done so far looks really good - I understand that lack of focus thingy!

    cynicked@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great timer! I think that the toonie is the perfect good luck charm for the Knitting Olympics ... We should see about government funding for a Knitting Hall of Fame (lord knows the govn't has spent money on lesser things before) ...

    I feel the same as you. Keeping up with all the stockinette stitch will be the real challenge, and keeping focused on this one project! You got a good start (and lots of sleep is key to healthy knitting) ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start so far! I was only able to do another 8 rows on my scarf today. I had one of those off days where I was very restless (even when I was knitting), and not only that but had a sinus headache that progressed into a little migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to trade your Olympic timer for my Team Procrastination button (sounds like you could use it!) Great job on your blog.

    Lars
    NYPDVikings@aol.com
    www.norskybear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I don't need a sterling silver lucky loonie, but I do need a regular one. I'll make my own for now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:23 p.m.

    I like the color of the yarn you're using, very rich. What kind is it? I went and looked at the pattern picture, very nice. It will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to have the timer on my blog! What a cool hubby you have!
    My e-mail is chiching7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:20 p.m.

    You put me and my socks to shame! (I am on the instep of my first sock though)

    I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete